Poison Proof Your House: Safety Measures
Nail polish remover poison,poison house plants,poison prevention
Many household items and products in our home that we use every day can
prove to be very dangerous. They can be poisonous enough to cause illness
or sometimes death.
Every year thousands of people die due to the hazardous effects of the
poison at their home, especially most of among them are small children.
Here are some of the simple tips to be kept in mind from preventing the
accidental poisoning. Check them out as below:
Keep the children away from all those medicines and household products
like insecticides, iron pill, acids chemicals, soaps, alcohols etc. If
possible keep these things in a locked cabinet.
In case if your are using this products then go away from them to answer
any phone calls or door bells or take them with you to keep them away
from the child's reach.
Store the medicines and chemicals separate from other household products.
Also a very common mistake made by the family members is they store the
medicines or any other chemicals in soft drink or water drinking bottles.
Never transfer them to these containers and try keeping them in their
original containers. This can prove to be misleading for your baby towards
harm and danger.
Keep all the original labels on all the products and containers as this
can also mislead the children as well as the family members having low
sight. This can also be harmful as well as very dangerous.
Also try to avoid this that you do not give the medicines or take them
in dark. Also avoid taking the medicines in front of the children. Never
refer the medicines as choc or candies to the children as in case they
do not want to take them.
Keep this thing is mind that you never store poisons in the pantry or
inside the food cabinets and containers.
Its good to keep all the safety measures in your home but also see to
this that when any guest comes at your home or you go to anyone else place
then take care to keep the children away from their medications in their
purse or suitcases.
Children are not the only risk from all these poisonous stuff at your
home but those who consume any kind of prescription drugs and medicines
may sometimes take the dose twice by mistake. This can sometimes prove
to be dangerous in case of the heavy doses and medicines.
Some children can also do vomiting when they swallow a poisonous thing
or item at your home. So parents should not neglect it with the illness
of the child and try to confirm out first if the child has not consumed
Sometimes you may notice the content of the particular medicine or acids
bottle have been reduced, then you check your child in this case.
These are some of the tips and ideas to be kept in mind to make your
home free from poison.